At Red Bus Nursery & Pre-School we believe that children benefit most from early years education and care when parents and settings work together in partnership. Our aim is to support parents as their children’s first and most important educators by involving them in their children’s education and in the full life of the nursery.
We understand that when your child comes to us, you still want to be a part of their day and to be able to link nursery activities with home life.
Not every setting encourages parental involvement. We do. Although we are ever mindful of our security and responsibilities to all children, parents are welcome to stay and play during nursery sessions and become parent volunteers if they would like to take a more active part in nursery life.
We want to make it easy for you to be a part of with all those important developmental stages, as well as the little day to day happenings that mean so much. We see our role as a partnership with you and we are prepared to work hard to make that partnership rewarding for parents, carers and most importantly, children.
This is how we would like to make the parent/carer and Red Bus communication work:
- Most days we plan to try and engage with the parent or carer and chat through the day or session activities at handover time – sometimes you’ll be in a rush or a couple of parents will arrive at once and this won’t be practical so…..
- Every child will have a special Learning Diary that will help keep us in touch and we’ll encourage you to contribute to the diary in the same way we will
- Regular Parent Evenings with meaningful time with your child’s Key Person
- We’ll use a combination of ways to stay in touch with you, and we appreciate different methods work for different parents/carers so we will explore what’s right for you.
- Most importantly we’ll use the good old fashioned spoken word.